From the very opening page of the Bible, we see that our God is generous. After creating the first man and woman, in His image, He blessed them. As image-bearers, we are created to reflect the nature and heart of our generous God to the world. People who know a generous God become generous people. Just like Abraham was blessed to be a blessing of all the families of the earth, God has blessed us to be a blessing. Even when we rebelled in sin against our generous God, He sent Jesus to die for us. God demonstrated his love for us in this—while we were sinners, Christ died for us. The Gospel is evidence that God is generous with us. He has met our greatest need, and He will continually meet our ongoing needs so we can live fearlessly and sacrificially.
What shall we say then? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but freely gave Him up for us all, how will He not also along with Him freely give us all things? Romans 8:31b-32
For the past 10 years, God has moved in the hearts of the people of Parkview Church to give almost 2 million dollars above and beyond their regular offerings to be a blessing to the people of Iowa City and the world through our Thanksgiving Offering. This past year, we solidified a new mission statement to “pursue Jesus together in everyday life.” Our goal with our Thanksgiving Offering this year will be to supply this mission with funding that will help us as we reach out now and for years to come through Parkview’s ministries with the hope of the Gospel.
The following targets have been designated by the Elders of Parkview for the 2019 Thanksgiving Offering:
Parkview Ministry Fund
The fund provides the financial energy from which the ministries of Parkview Church flow. In the past year God has used gifts to this fund to provide:
- Hundreds of hours of Biblical teaching, equipping and counseling for those in need
- Our Children’s Ministries, including Sunday morning programming, a Preschool, an early childhood learning center, camps, outreaches, AWANA, and the Spot
- Support for Junior High and High School students, including a camp where 18 students put their faith in Jesus
- Hundreds of college students equipped to follow Jesus through 24:7
- A Women's Ministry that is growing, thriving and preparing to host The Gospel Coalition Women’s Training Network at Parkview in March 2020. This event is the first time this conference has been hosted anywhere in the Midwest.
- Training and support for over 40 community groups
- Numerous global outreaches, including overseas mission trips, Sudanese parties, and Friends of Internationals.
Faith Academy is a K-6 grade school on the southeast side of Iowa City that exists to make a rigorous Christ-centered education affordable to all. Missiologist Don Davis refers to Faith Academy as a powerful game-changer in the lives of students and the community. Please go to www.faithacademy.org for more information.
Global Worker Partnership Fund
This fund is used to provide above and beyond our annual support of our 38 global workers to use for special needs or projects.
Gifts given between November 18th -24th, unless otherwise designated, will be given to the Thanksgiving Offering. After this date, through the end of the year, please indicate Thanksgiving Offering in the memo of your check. You may make contributions to our Thanksgiving Offering in the following ways:
- Place a check in the offering or in the receptacle in the back of the worship center at all three campus locations.
- Make a contribution online at parkviewchurch.org/give. Choose Thanksgiving Offering from the drop-down menu.
- Mail or drop off a check to the Parkview office at 15 Foster Road, Iowa City, IA 52245. Make sure to designate Thanksgiving Offering in the memo.
If you need assistance with giving to the Thanksgiving Offering please contact the church office at or 319.354.5580.
Thank you for praying about how you will respond to the Thanksgiving Offering 2019! God is moving at Parkview Church and we have much to be grateful for.