Every Sunday, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Parkview Church - Central Campus, 15 Foster Road, Iowa City, IA US 52245
Join us for a four week, interactive series based on Luke 2:52, "And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man." This series will help to prepare you to grow mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and relationally, and mature as Jesus did so you will be FIT for LIFE! For more information, contact Jeff at .
Week 1 • Jesus Grew In Wisdom
- How to grow in wisdom and be able to make good choices about the way that you live and what you choose to do with your life. J.I. Packer: "Wisdom is the power to see and the inclination to choose the best and the highest goal together with the surest means of attaining it."
- We're going to look at 5 very specific things that we must do in order to grow in wisdom.
- We will interview someone who can really help give you a path to track on.
Week 2 • Jesus Grew In Stature
- We'll talk about what it takes to be "fit for God" -- maturity.
- We'll also hit some topics like diet and exercise, but we'll deal a lot with the attitudes and transformation truths when it comes to growth because (1 Cor. 6:20) - we want to honor God and glorify God with the body that He has given to us, as well as be good stewards of it.
- We'll talk about things such as
- Not misusing your body
- Importance of sleep
- Getting the right perspective
- Glorifying God with your body
- We are looking at having a nutritionist who has worked with athletes and with people who have really wrestled with weight issues; as well as an expert in physical exercise to come.
Week 3 • Jesus Grew In Favor With God
- We'll discover how to discipline yourself for growth by looking at a few key spiritual habits (not disciplines).
- 1 Tim. 4:7-8 says, "Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness...which promises a reward in both this life and the next."
Week 4 • Jesus Grew In Favor With Man
- Jesus had 108 different meetings with people as recorded in the Gospels. there are 102 different people listed by name or by an individual group that Jesus touched.
- Jesus talked to God, Satan, disciples, Pharisees, Roman governors, lepers, Moses Elijah (already died) - if there is anyone that we can learn about great relationships from it's from Jesus!
- If OUR Outlook Calendar looked like Jesus' Outlook Calendar, then our calendar would be constantly filled with 2 things: (1) People, and (2) things that you can't plan for in advance.
- We're going to look at four keys to Jesus' life that will help us to grow in our relationship with people.